Shop Our Black Friday Diamond Painting Kit Sale
Diamond painting is a mixture of cross stitch and paint by numbers, you might have heard it by the name "painting with diamonds". This relaxing arts and crafts activity allows you to make sparkling works of art using by small rhinestone diamonds, placing them systematically on a fabric canvas covered with a thin layer of adhesive. The end result is a bright piece of artwork that shimmers in the light. We personally love making 5D diamond painting kits that have lots of bright colors throughout them. If you're looking for a fun hobby that you can do at home to wind down after a long day or to do with your friends and family, you are in the right place. If you want to learn more about what is diamond painting, be sure to check out our blog page.
The Benefits of DIY Diamond Painting & Crafting
Diamond painting is a fun and creative activity that can be enjoyed by crafters of any age. We have listed some of the main benefits of diamond painting below, as told by our happy customers:
- It's a great hobby with an active online community that loves to share pictures of their creations and projects.
- Most find painting by diamonds to be a very relaxing activity after a long day.
- Working on art can help alleviate mental stress and anxiety.
- There is an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction and pride after creating a beautiful piece of art.
- Working with your hands can help to fine-tune your hand-eye coordination skills and boost confidence.
- Doing arts and crafts projects with friends and family creates memories and bonds that can last a lifetime.
As you can see, there are lots of great benefits from taking on a hobby like diamond painting. If you want to hear more from what the Diamond Craft community has to say about what they love most about diamond painting, visit the Diamond Craft Instagram page or the Diamond Craft Facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you to our crafting community!
What Tools & Materials are Used to Paint By Diamonds
There are several tools needed in order to paint by diamonds. But don't worry, All of the tools and accessories you may need come included in all of our 5D DIY diamond painting kits. Here is a list of the tools that we provide:
- 5-Star quality canvas with crisp, ultra-clear symbols
- Diamond drill pen, also known as an applicator pen, with padding for your fingers
- Several differently sized attachment so you can pick up 1, 3, 5, or 7 diamonds at a time
- Grooved diamond tray to collect your diamonds in
- Vibrant and colorful resin diamonds (also known as diamond drills, or drills), packaged and labeled by color
- A rectangle of adhesive wax, which is used to pick up the diamonds from the tray
- A printed instruction sheet
- Crafting tweezers designed to help you if you need to move or reapply a diamond
- Small zip-lock bags to store diamond drills in after you have removed them from their original packaging.
Here at Diamond Craft we are very proud to provide our customers with only the highest-quality tools and materials in the industry. That starts with our premium packaging which is designed to keep your canvas 100% crease-proof throughout shipping and goes right down to each individual diamond in our set and everything in between.
How do you DIY 5D Diamond Paint?
If you want to learn How To Diamond Paint we have written a detailed blog article, which you can reference at any time. However, we are more than happy to go over the steps here as well. Following are step-by-step instructions to the diamond painting kit.
- First, remove all the items from our premium packaging.
- Second, be sure to look over the chart and legend contained in the upper-right corner of the canvas. Make sure you have all the required colors. If you anything is missing, just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)and we will make sure you receive any missing parts or diamond painting accessories straight away.
- Next, arrange the canvas on a flat and clean surface. You can place it on one of our diamond painting LED light pads if you have poor vision, or want to work in dimly lit environments.
- Remove the protective sheet (re recommend not taking it all the way off, just peel it back a bit so you can cover your canvas in-between crafting sessions).
- Identify which color you want to work with first. We recommend starting with the colors on the edge of the canvas first, and work your way inward. That way you don't get your wrist stuck on the adhesive.
- For easy pickings, pour some of the diamonds into the grooved diamond painting tray. Now gently shake the tray, the grooves in the tray will flip the diamonds the right side up. This makes it very easy to use them.
- Pick up the diamonds by dipping the tip of your diamond painting pen in the provided wax.
- Press the tip of the applicator pen to the top (rounded) size of a diamond. When you lift the pen, you will see the diamond sticks to the wax and is ready for you to apply to our premium quality canvas.
- On its corresponding symbol, gently press the diamond to the canvas. Try to place the diamond in the lines. If you are out of line, don't stress, we provide you with a diamond painting tweezers so you can lift the diamond off the canvas and adjust the placement.
- Repeat steps 5-9 until your Diamond Craft painting kit is complete. The end result will shimmer and sparkle in the light.
What Different Diamond Shapes Are There For 5D Diamond Painting Kits?
So, now you know what tools you can expect to use and the steps you need to take for DIY Diamond Painting, but now you've come to am important decision- will you choose square or round diamonds? Don't worry, we're here to make this easy for you. We'll now go over the pros and cons of both diamond shapes so you can choose what suits you best.
Square-shaped diamonds cover the entire canvas. There is very little to no space between each diamond so the final product looks full and complete. This is both a positive and a negative. It is a positive because it allows for the entire completed diamond art painting to shine in the light with no gaps. This can be a slight negative, especially for beginning diamond painters, because this requires the crafter to be precise with how they apply the diamond. In essence, it is slightly more challenging to work with square diamond drills.
Round diamonds are easier and faster to implement. There is slightly more space between each diamond compared to a painting with square drills. This gives the crafter a bit of leeway on how they place the diamonds. This can be great for someone who is a beginner, or someone who wants to do some crafting without having to be very focused. The end result is still beautiful. A painting with round diamond drills still shimmers and shines like one with square drills, but the texture looks slightly different. Some people say the end result looks similar to cross stitching because you can see the colored canvas surrounding the diamonds.
What Makes Our 5D Diamond Art The Best?
We strive to add new designs to our store weekly, and we have exclusivity deals with several artists who make beautiful artwork for you to enjoy when you are creating your own 5D diamond painting kits.
We want to make sure that when you choose to paint by diamonds, you are confident when you choose Diamond Craft. Here are some of the things that make us stand out in the crowd:
- We use only the best quality accessories and tools in all of our kits.
- Our durable canvases have ultra-clear, crisp symbols and colors.
- The adhesive we use on our canvases is extremely strong, ensuring your diamond drills won't pop off.
- Our premium packaging is specially designed to deliver a crease-free canvas to your door. There's nothing we dislike more than receiving a canvas with lots of adhesive creases and bubbles, so we have developed special packaging that keeps your kits looking perfect upon arrival.
- You will find art in our shop that you cannot find anywhere else in the world: as mentioned above, we work with contracted artists that produce exclusive pieces of artwork that we feature in our weekly new-product releases.
We have been crazy about diamond painting for years, and have tried out diamond painting kits from many other stores, only to be disappointed time and time again. This is one of the things that drove us to turn our passion for painting with diamonds into something we can share with the world. We have worked extremely hard to provide a top-quality experience for the diamond crafting community, from our premium packaging to the ultra-clear canvas, and from our friendly customer service to our community's engagement with one another, we know you will notice the difference when you choose Diamond Craft.
5000+ happy customers and counting
I just finished my first diamond painting and I already want another one! Took me nearly 6 weeks to finish but was 100% worth it. It kept me occupied over lockdown. I LOVE the result so much that I just had it professionally framed.Janette LausinLong Grove, IL
In love with my painting! Just look at all the colors, wow! I seriously just want more all over my house now. Thank you Diamond Craft!Olivia MonroePhoenix, AZ
I am so happy with my cactus painting, the finished product is absolutely stunning and came out better than I had expected. Excellent quality kit that was a joy to complete.Lilla OwensSeaford, NY
I couldn't be happier with my painting or the customer service!! They helped me photoshop my photo and create my custom painting. I won't ever order from anywhere else ever again!Kaitlyn BishopLos Angeles, CA
My 10 year old niece just finished her first painting from Diamond Craft and she genuinely loved it. What a great activity that pulls kids (and adults) off screens- I'd highly recommend.Jennifer RusselNewark, OH
I love love LOVE my new painting! Great quality and relaxing, just what I need after a long day. Big thank you to the Diamond Craft team!Sarah CraysonMelbourne, Australia
WHAT IS DIAMOND PAINTING?
Diamond painting is a fun and creative hobby that is based on a similar concept to paint-by-numbers and cross-stitch. You simply place small resin ‘drills’ that resemble diamonds onto a colorfully printed canvas of your choice. The result is a shimmering and sparkly mosaic work of art ♡♡
OUR PLASTIC OFFSET PROGRAM
Every purchase is helping to clean our oceans and save marine wildlife from plastic pollutants. By supporting us, you're donating to 'The Ocean Cleanup'. Together we can make a difference.